Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Week 6 - Neuquén!

Yesterday Sari arrived in Neuquén.  We did not know her travel plans or when we would hear from her again, since her p-days in the CCM were on Thursday and in the field they will be on Monday, we figured we were in for a long, dry spell.  We were so excited to receive an email from Sari!


So, I left this afternoon from the Buenos Aires airport for Neuquén! I didn't have any other North Americans with me or any other girls so it was me and six elders walking through the airport looking sort of lost. Luckily one elder speaks pretty good English, so I would ask him a lot if I heard things correctly. While we were in the airport we found another Hermana from Brasil who speaks as much Spanish as I do. We took her to her flight two hours earlier than ours, but she is going to Neuquen too! Just from a different MTC. Presidente Casariego and his wife are THE nicest people. They were waiting outside the security with two AP's for all of us to get through. Now I'm at the mission home and am not sure where I'll sleep, but that's fine! I'll figure it out as it comes! Also, because my group left at like 4:45 in the afternoon, I got to go to them temple this morning and help the teachers prep for the next group at the CCM. Also, miracle of the week: bot my bags were .5 kilos under what the limit is! Even with my added study books! 
Also, I started to miss mom for the first time today. I just want a simple drive to Costco with her. 
Anyways, I love you all! I can't wait to start getting out into the streets of Neuquen or wherever my area is and to help people find Christ! 
Also, in case you hadn't guessed, I am safe and haven't been kidnapped. 

Love, Hermana Sari Sant
(Tif adds - we were able to "talk" back and forth on the email for a few minutes!  She said that she found out that she would be spending the night with the sister training leaders in Neuquen.)

This morning we received this email and picture:

Dear Brother and Sister Sant,

We express our love and deep gratitude for sending your beloved daughter Sister Sant to the Argentina Neuquén Mission.

We have joyfully received your daughter and are impressed by how prepared she is. We are equally impressed by her desire to serve the Lord and His children of this part of the world.

We love you and promise to care for and guide your daughter in all that she needs during her time here in the mission.
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us with any concern that you may have.

Love,

Carlos and Rosario Casariego
Argentina Neuquén Mission
Pictures I stole from Presidente Casariego's Facebook:







1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is the sweetest! And how much did I love Sari's remark about wanting to go to Costco with Mom. <3 <3 <3 You've done good, Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!