Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 10 - El Bolsón

Okay, so on Tuesday, I woke up and I felt super miserable and I was like, Oh, figures. I hiked a bit yesterday, so I just continued on like normal. I took my temperature and it said 88, but I didn’t remember what I fever was so I ignored it haha We walked to Barrio Esperanza (like a 25 minute walk). After almuerzo with a member, I felt like I was going to throw up the whole thing. I couldn’t really see straight or walk straight. So, we thought maybe if I sit down for a bit I’ll feel better. We stopped at a member’s house, the Zuniga’s, and talked for a while until I signaled Hermana Ovando that I was not going to feel better. We walked back to the pension slowly and Hermana Ovando was texting Hermana Casariego (president’s wife) the whole way. When we got there I took a Tylenol, took my temperature and it was 38.5* C (a small fever…. I think. Its in Celsius!!!!) My pulse was pounding and super fast so I fell asleep (the kind of in and out of it asleep) for about an hour. I woke up and remembered we had a for sure appointment with some contacts we had met the day before in half an hour. I was determined to go! So, I got up and the whole way there, I was dizzy and miserable. As soon as we clapped at their fence, I felt better. We had a great lesson with Allie, Alberto and their son! They can’t read, but their son can and we have met with them again since and they are great! It was a little miracle that I felt well enough to teach them with my normal energy. When we left and got back to the pension, I felt miserable again, but that’s okay because I felt better the next day!

Also, I went on exchanges with Hermana Braithwaite this week. She is a gringa and leaves for home in two weeks. I was able to actually talk for the first time in a month! I forgot what it was like to speak English haha I learned a ton from her and I have a new perspective on the mission now. I definitely needed that little exchange so that I could talk to someone about how they learned the language and got used to things. It was great!

Oh yeah! Lucas and Silvina are getting married! Lucas has been an investigator for like half of a year and the only thing he's ever needed to do is get married and now they went to the court house and started filling out the paperwork for it today! They are going to be officially married on July 20th! I'm so happy for them and their kid!


Mom's questions and my answers:


How often do you see your mission president? 
Once every transfer. I saw him this week for a conference. I don't have interviews until next transfer. 


How often do you see your zone leaders?  

I see them once a month for zone conference. 


How often do you see your AP's? 

Once every transfer with president. 

Do you go to separate stores to buy your groceries and household items? 

We can for specific stuff of different qualities, but we have a miniature Walmart style store right around the corner from our house called La Anonima. I just go there unless I need paper or writing supplies. 

Are you warm enough?  
Yes and no. In the nights and mornings I'm freezing, sometimes even in the pension, but when we are hiking up the mountain every day to see people, no. I get hot then but I still wear several pairs of tights (fleece lined). 


Does the city have electric lights on the streets? 

Yes. We are not allowed to travel on the unlit ones after dark. Which is difficult because some people live on those streets and are only in their houses after dark! 


What kind of cars do most people have there? 

They either have one from the fifties or one that's maybe 5 years ago quality or they don't have one. This is a really poor area. There are families that live in houses little house on the prairie style, no joke. Four walls mad of wood. A fire to keep them warm. All 8 people or more with the mattresses stacked in the corner.So if you have a car you're considered wealthy. 





That’s all for this week! Love you all!

And the pictures are taking more than an hours to load one! So I don't know how I can send any!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!