Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 8 - El Bolsón

Hola! Last Monday night, I was feeling a little discouraged and was praying a ton to know what to do and where to go and that I could speak the language when I needed to. Then Hermana Ovando and I went to a house that we were referred to by some previous missionaries that never got to visit them. It turned out to be a super cute family. Analia, Matias and a little 1 and a half year old named Leon (yes like lion in Spanish). Matias has 3 little dreds springing out of the back of his head and they had om signs, mandalas, and such all over their house.  They let us in and we played with Leon and talked for a little bit and then started discussing the gospel. They said that they did not believe in God. They believe in the "natural." We still started sharing the first lesson of the restoration and when we talked about the first vision, the spirit was incredibly strong. When we completed the first vision Analia said through tears in her eyes that she felt a warmth in her heart that was welling up and it was good. This really strengthened my testimony that the gospel is really restored and the spiritual power that comes from talking about it can change lives. 

Also, the members here are amazing! They have such strong faith and are so generous! I have loved going to lunch with a different family each day. The food is really good. Yesterday, one member just brought our lunch to the church because she lives far away and we ate it at our pension. It was a huge quiche and chicken with a certain cut that I forgot the name of right now. And bread and granola bars. Its enough to feed us for a week haha. 
Oh and Rachel asked what I eat: I eat hot chocolate and toast for breakfast each day and then I have maybe an orange or banana at night when I get home. Lunch is HUGE so I am rarely hungry when I get back to the pension. 

Also, the mountains are gorgeous here. 

Oh! And there are legitimate hippies all over the place! There's always carts lining the streets with people with dreads and tie die selling their home-made crocheted shorts and mate cups. I love it! 

I had a two hour bus ride this week to Bariloche for a big zone meeting... and by big I mean with all 6 companionships in our zone. I learned a ton! We had a fun activity with bobbing for apples and everything. Also, I had more empenadas and a churro full of dulce de leche. I love the amount of dulce de leche they have here. They put it on or in literally everything. Want a piece of bread? Put some carmelized milk on that baby! Want a banana? Dulce de leche it! Buy a croissant? There's a dulce de leche surprise inside waiting for you!  

Also! I learned I eat my feelings. Panderias on every corner are not good for my figure. 

Love, Hermana Sant
Pictures of the pension and mountains: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!