Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 13 - El Bolsón and a birthday!

I had a great birthday!

Investigators.... they wont go to church. because they all have babies, buses rarely run on Sundays and taxis are expensive and its too cold to take a 30 minute walk with their babies. Its a struggle.
Hermana Ovando has expressed that she does not like to talk. Sometimes I can get her to talk to me and we talk about investigators and laugh. It's a good time.
I sing all the time! And people are tone deaf here so they think I'm crazy! haha!
What the pension bathroom looks like.

Also, I found a ton of animal teeth in the street this week. Dont worry... Im sending pictures haha I hope they load in time!!!!


Also, we took pictures in preparation for Lucas and Silvina's wedding this week! We used the one I'm hopefully sending you for the invitations. I can't believe they're getting married this week! And Lucas's baptism is this Saturday!
Lucas and Silvina

Okay, so two families made me cakes for my birthday! Hermana Zuniga asked me when my birthday was when I first got here and she signed up for lunch on my birthday and we had a huge cake and empanadas! She also told the entire Relief Society, so I got cake the day before that from the Garrido family as well! These people are so wonderful and nice! I cant believe Hermana Zuniga remembered and she remembered I LOVE empanadas! The pictures with the family is the familia Garrido, the others are Zuniga family. 
Also, That morning, the elders wanted us to pass by the church. we thought maybe the mail had gotten there, but we found a letter to go to the chapel and they had an alfajor ( mini cake) and a quote from President Monson in English for me! And they popped out and sang happy birthday in English! It was so nice! 
That night, Hermana Ovando stopped at some hole in the wall kiosk and we got pizza to celebrate my birthday because we had a had a ton of cake that day! 
Birthday cake from Familia Zuniga!
Birthday treat from the elders.
Birthday dinner!
Birthday pizza!
Comp selfie
Familia Garrido

Okay, so we have one investigator who we met in the street and she said, we can come by her house anytime but no politics and no religion. haha We went by anyways one day and she totally let us share a message and she offered the prayer at the end! I get along with her super well! Shes in her 50s or 60s but is super athletic and active. I think shes one of my spirit friends (I've seen that smile somewhere before.... Ive heard your voice before... it seems we've... talked... like this before HAHAA) But seriously! I love her! She still says no politics or religion, but always brings it up and invites us to come back another time every time haha she's hilarious!
*So do they forward the mail to you or do they bring it to you?

They forward the mail to the bus station and we pick it up on Mondays... if the office sends us the bolsa full of mail.

*What is a bolsa?

Its a bag. Its a big green bag full of the stuff we need! And we send requests and reimbursements through a bolsa to them. Yep! They know the missionaries. We're the only ones with the big green bag and other people have to show cards and pay and stuff for their big packages. Its only for packages that you have to go to the terminal for. It's a bit hard to explain haha Idk if any of that made sense.

Our favorite things about Sari from our letter to her:
What I like about you....
Dad - She is talented in SO.MANY. ways and she is willing to serve the Lord with her time.
Mom - She's willful, strong, and funny.  She gets me.
Daniel - She's everyone's best friend.  She's very protective and there when I her.
Jeaux - She's funny and great at socializing.
Matthew - She's so friendly
You know how to dance.  Up, down, all around, talk about sweet romance. Yeahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!