Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 42 - Trevelin

I STILL CANT SEND PICTURES! I hope Hna. Brown will send some to you.  (She did not :(  )

This week was incredible! I LOVE Trevelin. Its beautiful there and the people are so good!

Transfer news?  (I've been stalking your town, Travelin,  and it is SO PRETTY!)  Like, really.  And legit. 
Yeah Trevelin is perfect! I love it!!!!   Keep reading for transfer news.

Are there big stores there that you shop at or are they more like a drugstore?  
Theres one big store like Walmart and the rest are littkle stores:) 

Are the internet cafes like a Starbucks?
We only go to the church to write in Trevelin, but I think there is one store that has coffee haha 

How's your tummy?
Good!  I have lost ALL appetite. IDK why, but I make myself eat whether I wnat to or not. 

How's Pamela and her husband?
Theyre good! She is wonderful:) She loves the 10 commandments that we taught her this week. Like any good catholic girl, she memorized them. But she never knew what they meant°! So we taught her:) 

Other investigators?
Also good! We found LOTS of new ones this week

Good?
Life:) 

Bad?
Our spinach went bad. Doctiors orders for tests ... no leafy vegetables:) 

Ugly?
IDK. They new pension? Its a mess. 

Pretty?
There are some pretty flowerrs outside of the pension! 

This week was great! I did not think that I would leave from Trevelin, so I was not prepared at all! Hna. Brown was so sure she'd leave, she printed out pictures and gave them to people haha then the call came yesterday afternoon and we dropped on the floor from surprise. She is so ready to train and is going to work the shoes offf of her new missionary:) 

I am SO happy to be here in San Martin de los Andes. I have been blessed with the three most beautiful areas in the mission! Seriously... ask anyone! Bolson, Trevelin, and San Martin!!! Its BEAUTIFUL here! 

I woke up today at 6 in the morning and the Clarks came to pick us up at 6:15 (we slept right through the alarm!!!) We ran down and got to Esquel where I boarded my bus and left. I got to Bariloche and had a connection. So I waited for an hour in Bariloche... alone... with HUGE suitcases haha Eventually, a cute young mom and her little kid talked to me. They're my new besties. They're from Buenos Aires and she helped me roll one of my suitcases over to the new colectivo. SUCH A DOLL! Then I boarded another bus and in the final hour my new companion joined me. 

Then the army stopped us on the road and looked at everyone's IDs except for mine! BLESSING! Because I am VERY illegal and likely will not be legal anytime during my mission. (This is apparently not a big deal at all.  The church is aware and working on it.)  Probably another reason why I'm in the north of the mission now. haha 

I got Hermana Coman who is super sweet spirited and very hard to communicate with. We have already had like an hour{s conversation trying to figure out what she meant by macita when it was a cookie which I learned as galletita. When we finally figured out what the other was saying and I told her and she laughed and said, maybe to you but not in Argentina! I'm like.... I've been here 9 months and I've never heard of macita!!!  She is from Rosario.

Also, my camera wont let me send pictures here either. Im gonna try a different memory card. 

The pension is gross and smells like mold. 

She gave me the broken bed. We got there and she said, oh, BTW I'm moving my stuff right now to have the good bed. I'd be FINE with it if I got here and it was like that but... ugh. I need a lot of patience this transfer. 

I want more food!  I had a smoothie and granola for breakfast and a piece of pizza that Hna Brown packed me in my bag... have I told you that she's perfect?


HOLD UP! 



I LITTERALLY HEAR THE TARDIS NOISE OUTSIDE THE WINDOW OF THIS CYBER PLACE! 

what is going on! 
It just stopped.


what!? 

I know that this transfer is happening for a reason. I will love it here. 

I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I love that hermana brown gave her some pizza! I HATE the weeks of no pics!

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!