Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 45 - San Martin

So, I'm lame at taking pictures lately.  Haha.  I'll be better next week.  I snapped this picture today when we left the apartment.  This is where I live.

So, this week we had our big training meeting with Presidente.  We have new standards for the mission = STRESS!  But that's fine!  Onward and upward!  ONE baptism a week.  10 new investigators each week.  50% of the investigators challenged with a baptism date.  5 people in church week.  3 lesson (sit down, with a prayer and everything) each day.  15 contacts (like number and name or address and name) each day.  They's don't seem that hard, but wow!  We are working hard to get to that level!!!!

Also, there are lavender plants EVERYWHERE!!!!!!  ALL OVER THE PLACE! Paradise.  I love it!

This week we had a family home evening with a young woman, her aunt, ad the friend of the young woman.  It went SUPER well.  M=She is awesome and is accompanying us every week :).

Also, Madelen finally went to church yesterday!!! YAY!  Qui disappeared off the face of the earth and his neighbor told us that he is an alcoholic.  So sad.  We will keep looking for him.

There is this one hippie who always walking by the river with his super cute wife.  I'm used to hippies because of Bolson but Hermana Coman was like, "Don't say hi to them!  They're bad people!  Always by the river ... That's bad."  I laughed and said, "They are good people!"  This week, he stopped us on the street to talk to us.  Turns out he investigated the church in Brazil.  My comp LOVES Brazilians!  She'll talk to every single one of the, ALL day.  We talked to him for a while and we walked away my companion was like, "I love this guy!  Such a good guy!  We should talk to him more!"  I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

Also, yesterday when we were walking with Madelen to church, there was a little kid, take and REALLY skinny, who followed us the 12 blocks to church.  We had  no idea who it was but followed us.  He didn't really understand what we said but we got his name and the name of his mom and dad.  When we got to church we had a member call the police because the kid didn't know where he was when he started following us.  The police came and got him.

Love, Hermana Sant



1 comment:

  1. She lived in such a cute place! That story about the kid is so sad. Breaks my heart! I am tired and emotional about my nieces and nephews next door so reading that made me choke up and wish I could provide a home for all kids who need love!

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!