Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 52 - San Martin de los Andes

 
In the morning we waited in the street for about an hour with the elders in our district to go to Neuquen. The mission rented a double decker bus to take all of the people from the south of the mission to the north. Everyone from Esquel, Bariloche and San Martin were piled into a bus. It was SO fun! We played games and talked and SANG and everything. I loved it! You can always feel the spirit more strongly when there are more and more missionaries together.
 
Then we got to the hotel for the sisters. It was a cute little place. Regret number 1... I had such a big headache from the colectivo that I forgot to take pictures. My companion promptly abandoned me (although I suppose she had abandoned me before this in the bus because she did not sit with me. I was with Banuera, Jarvis and Coman) and I hung out with all the sisters I could, Hermana Farr, little, barfuss, others. It was good! Then my roomates got there at like 10:30 and we went to bed. We woke up in the morning and had a cute little breakfast. 
then we went to the church and we all sat down (yet again... I did not know where my companion was! ) and we studied silently until President Nelson got there.
 
He arrived and we all stood. He shook each one of our hands and It was incredible. I felt his love or really, the love of Christ in the room.  We were equal. We sat down and some area authorities talked and then Sister Nelson talked. It was so special. She talked about our premortal life and about how there's a theory... I think she said cognitive disonance or something... and its about how if our actions and our beliefs don't line up, people CANNOT deal with it. So they change their beliefs or their actions. She said most of the world is changing their beliefs now. 

President Nelson talked alot about the resurrection and told us to read some chapters out of the scriptures (like if we want to know wat jesus looks like read D and C 76, etc.) He left a HUGE apostolic blessing ( I felt the healing power of Christ as he pronounced a blessing of health on those of us who are sick and then he sat down... I'm NOT KIDDING he looked right at me and winked. It's like he knew I had been praying for that). He also told us (and his wife said) that if we want to make them and the prophet happy, LOOK like missionaries all our lives. Be clean shaven, modest. He said  how are the lifeguards supposed to save people if they look like evry other swimmer on the beach. Good stuff. 

In the bus on the way back, I sat with the Bariloche zone (it just happened that way) and we all sat in the back of the bus reading Doctrine and Covenants 76 like President Nelson said to do and pondering on each verse and connecting it with more scriptures. It was THE BEST companionship study I've had. We did that for... four hours. And we didn't even finish the section. I had to leave before the rest of the group. 

NELDIA IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! She's so sweet!

We didn't have an Easter appointment and as we were walking to the apartment after church a member ran up to us and asked us if we had lunch. So thank you for feeding the missionaries!  We were glad to have lunch!

Love Hermana Sant
 
 Hermana Banuera!
 Hermana Jarvis!
 Hermana Brown!




 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE JUMPING PICTURE!!! Especially because she got her companion to jump, too! Sari's attitude has been so great with her challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!