Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 21 - El Bolsón


What's new with you?
I feel happy. Really happy. And we blow through investigators like crazy. If they're not progressing, we leave them. And we don't spend more than an hour in ANYONE'S house. Which I am so happy that she supports me in. We talk about the parts of life that we need to and then the gospel and we stick to it. We teach with unity really well and speak with one voice. Its so great! I actually enjoy my time in the pension and in the street. Before, my only enjoyment time was Monday email hour and personal study time, but now I'm happy all of the time(except yesterday haha I'll explain that!)

What are some current challenges?
Well, we still have the huge problem that no one wants to go to church and the elders baptize all of the time and we´re just running on gas and not baptizing anyone despite what I feel is the best effort I can possibly put into the work. Its so sad to see people that have a bit of the knowledge from the gospel and know what they need to do and feel like they need to do it and know it will fix their problems and still don't do it. But that´s okay! We know there are people that are ready for and want to gospel. We just gotta find them:)

People we can add to our prayers?
Hermana Bravo gave us a name for the temple prayer role. She said she knows gringa missionaries families have access to temples so she gave me a name. This lady has cancer and lots of family problems. She's named Stella Moris Ledesma.
Also, our investigator Mayra, that her body can recuperate from her c-section and she can get baptized.

Yesterday, we got our first ever threat! It was funny, but only because we never have to pass by this person´s house again haha We had a reference from a member in the ward and we went to her house and taught her a bit and she went inside and her husband came out and said if he sees us again he´ll hit us with a stick hahaha I suppose that story could be taken as sad, but it was funny to us! Ill have to think more because Its hard to remember the whole week hah.

Also, this week we had our training with Presidente! We finally have our passports so we can leave Bolsón! Also, we got to give part of the training at the meeting and it was super fun! And I had McDonalds this week! It was yummy. Felt like home haha. Also, we met some girls in the McDonalds and they were asking us a ton of bad words in English and what they meant. We tried to explain that they're really bad and they just laughed haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!