Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 64 - Bariloche

This week was a little hard! But we saw a HUGE outstanding miracle! And a reallly reallllllyyyy sad thing.
So, theres a family here that has GREAT dogs. They LOVE their dogs more than their kid. Whenever we leave their house at night, they send the big one with us "to keep us safe" and all. So, yesterday we had lunch with them and they are great. 
We had been walking around for  awhile later on and were like one block from their house. We were talking about how good lucnh was and that they love their dogs more than their kids when 2 of their dogs, the big black one and the little brown one came over to accompany us. So, we walked toward their house on the sidewalk and they were on the other side of the street. The big black one crossed the street and the little brown one came to follow when a red care came out of NOWHERE and ran it over right in front of my eyes. It was crying and screaming and I was shocked! I was waling towards the dog because the guy had gotten out of his car and was asking whose dog it was and I told hermana Howard to call the family! She said, no we need to tell them in person. so we ran to their house and got the dad and by the time we had gotten back the car was gone and they had moved the dog over to the side of the road in a pile of dirt left to die. The poor hermana lifted up his twitching almost lifeless dog and just said "ya esta" a bunch of times and walked back to the house. As we walked away we heard him crying. It was so sad. 
So, One day we had plans to go to Dina Huapi. We went to the usual bus stop in the morning and waited for like 20 minutes (it passes by every half hour) and out of nowhere, I was like, "wait, the bus doesnt come to this stop! What are we doing here! " so we started walking the 6 other blocks to get to the bus terminal. like a block from the first bus stop we saw the dina haupi bus pass by us and it TOTALLY passed by the other stop! I was like, wow! Where is my head! What am I doing here! But we kept on walking and figured we woud wait the next one at the next stop. so, we get to the next stop and some lady yells at us "HErmanas!" and walked over to us with this guy. Turns out, shes a member from Moron (close to buenos aires, where I did my proseliting in the MTC) and she is visiting her dead husband's friend who lives in Dina Huapi (the guy that was with her). She was like, "we were just talking about some questions in the gospel. This is my friend and im taking him to church with me this sunday. She then turned to him and said, "go on give them your address and phone number and they can come visit you! " AWESOME! I LOVE members like this! So, we talked to them for the entire bus ride and he totally went to church yesterday. He is VERY ready for the gospel. He is active in his church, but he will gain a testimony of this one soon enough. :)

Anyway. 
God loves us! And the gospel is true!

1 comment:

  1. That. dog. story.

    So awful!!!!

    Everything about it! I am so sorry! I've prayed that you will be able to forget it and move on. I hope you have been able to!

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!