Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Week 17 - El Bolsón

Presidente says that he thinks we all learned the languages that we learn in this life before in the pre existence and that all we're doing now is finding that part of ourselves again. I like to think of it that way. We were prepared to come here and do these things. So we were prepared for the language too right? 

 Maria, the mom of a boy thats leaving on a mission soon, got baptized this Sunday! Shes amazing! We got to teach her once and she was so prepared for baptism! 

Also, this week, one of the children in our ward died. I think he had hydrocephalus or something. One member said "idrosafalia" and that's the closest one I could think of. He was three years old and his name was Yahir. His cousin has it too, but he's 6. I remember the first time I met Yahir and his mom, Evelyn. They are the happiest, sweetest family I've ever met. The funeral services were the saddest thing I have seen in my life, but Evelyn is so strong. Hermana Olais played primary songs on the piano for a while and Evelyn was singing along to every single one. She has an incredible testimony of eternal families. 

Also, this week, we had exchanges. Our sister training leader is also training a greenie (shes super woman because she doesn't speak English and is training a gringo and a sister leader!) So for a little bit, I was with the greenie too! It was fun! We felt the spirit so strong in our lessons and we learned how to do more in a  lesson than we have before with the Latinas. Then  I had a breakdown because a member said the greenie's Spanish was better than mine and I was crushed. 

When are transfers? They're this upcoming Monday

Still no lice? 
Nope! Por suerte! 

What's your biggest challenge right now?
I've got a bit of a head cold haha I guess right now, finding people. We're in a bit of a "drought" of investigators and we're just working on finding right now! 

How's the language going?
It's coming! slowwwwly 

Also, there are two kinds of dogs here: the ones that follow me for miles and want to be my friend, and the kind that bite me and try to kill me. ME not my compaion haha I have several teeth holes in my coat! but I have yet to be affected on my skin... I can't wait til summer! haha I won't have my protective layer! haha I am sending a picture of one of the dogs. This one like really bit my coat! Almost my butt! haha I got away (thankfully) and when I was at a safe distance, took a picture! It's been a good fun time!


 The stuff I bought myself with my birthday money!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!