Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 15 - El Bolsón

Oh and mom, I got your letters! I opened up like 3 of them... like... weird. Letters that stand for things. I didnt know what it was until I opened the H. I almost cried when I found out it was my birthday sign! thank you thank you thank you, guys! The people in the office when we visited Neuquen were talking about how I get a ton of letters from y'all! haha Thank you! 
Okay, so we had to go to Neuquén this week on Wednesday. Its about a 9 hour bus ride, but the buses were super nice! We had to go there because I'm a gringa and my 90 days without a visa are up! We have to do paper work but apparently there's some complication with my fingerprints or something so I have to start over the FBI background check. Luckily, Argentina is pretty lax about this stuff. So really, the trip to Neuquén was pretty useless and we missed out on like 9 appointments in the 2 days that we were traveling, but that's okay! It was good to see all the elders I came to the mission with again and to meet a senior couple that is now serving in the mission!
Oh and I took the picture of the bus because if you look closely, there's a mate cup in the window. The bus drivers and workers drink mate in the buses too! Its so funny haha I love it!

The red machine was in the terminal for the buses. Its a hot water machine for mate! And there's a Mary statue next to of it, of course :)

The pictures are of the hike today with Wendy (purple hair) and Nelly and the elders. 




Oh and the baptism is Hernan! Hernan was our investigator. I only taught him once before him and his girlfriend split up and we handed him over to the elders and now hes baptized! He knew the church through his girlfriend who is a less active and she didn't want to get married or reactivate, so they broke up and now he's baptized and happy living the life! He was so prepared for the gospel! It's been great to see the change in him! Wow... English is hard right now haha  He knows the church through? that's not good english! I can't think of how to say it though and that's basically the Spanish way! Anyways, I think this means my Spanish is getting better!


I'm going to write a handwritten letter about Paula for you guys. She's an incredible investigator! 

I love you! 

Hermana Sant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!