Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 19 - El Bolsón


Sari and her new companion, Sister Jarvis.  Sister Jarvis has been out one transfer longer than Sari.
It is incredible to have a companion that 1. works hard. 2. really loves the people. 3. wants to be on a mission. 4. is happy. 5. wants to learn thew language. 6. is willing to help me learn the language. 7. actually helps me learn the language. 8. wants to teach the gospel. 9. has fun on her mission. 
These are all things that I wanted and I completely lost touch with all of my wants and desires.  But! Now things are better! And now that Ive seen how far I drifted from my goals and happiness, I know how I can stay with them and I am going to stay with them no matter what happens next! 
It's so fun having a gringa companion! Sometimes, we can't exactly communicate what we want or understand words, but we ask the people and they are MORE than willing to help us! Also, she is dangerous! She's a gorgeous blonde and all of the latinos LOVE her! She gets cat calls, people follow us. One guy told us that he wanted to marry her and would go to church to meet her again... he didn't show up... thank goodness! And some guy ran between us and shoved me over haha we're learning how to be careful! But more than anything, we are learning how to enjoy our missions!!!
We're searching new people, so its all new - except Paula! She's still reading and we are working on getting her to church... and to get married... and to stop smoking! She knows the church is true. She just has to work past her fear :) I love Paula! When we met her, she didn't believe in God and now she prays and reads every day! Also, we have been working with members! We want to visit every member in our area every week. We've already seen how important that is for the work in this week! 
I've got a smokin' tan line on my nose from my glasses.

This week, there was a special at the ice-cream place in town where it was 2 for 1. A less active who had a membership card went with us and we got 2 kilos of ice-cream. Its incredibly delicious! Ice-cream is the only was I can have something peanut butter flavored! They don't have it in other places, but there's always manteca or crema de mani icecream! So that's been awesome! 

Also! This week, we found out we cant leave Bolsón without our passports or a certificate saying that we are in the process of getting Argentine identification but all of that stuff is in Neuquén, so we're working with Presidente on that. We can't even go to zone conference in Bariloche!  Its been a good time! 

Oh! And! miracle of the week! I had my USB (132GB) in a computer place this week and I was so freaked out and stressed about not being able to leave Bolsón (it was a huge deal at the terminal... I was sure I'd go to jail haha but its fine!) and I forgot my pen drive in the computer place. Electronics are SUPER expensive here. The biggest USB Ive seen is 8 GB. I didn't realize it until personal study THE NEXT DAY! We went back when we could and they said come back in an hour. We went back and the guy went out to his car and gave it to me. I didn't realize until later but her had skillfully erased my name from the pen drive!!! He was going to sell it I'm sure! Its a huge miracle that he was honest when I got there! He could have said he didn't have it!!! Such a big blessing because it has all of my pictures and everything. I have other copies, but this was important.

Anyways, this week was incredible! I love you guys! 

A video of me trying to cut wood for an old lady. I dont know If I sen the one where I actually split the wood or the pathetic ones haha but have fun with it! I hope it sends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!